Supply teaching with Career Teachers can offer excellent benefits:
- Gain experience in different schools
- Opportunities to build links with individual schools to gain regular work or long-term positions
- Support with Continuing Professional Development with free training courses
- Interview & lesson planning support
- Ability to be flexible to incorporate other careers/studies etc.
- Excellent rates of pay
- Agency Worker Regulations compliant ensuring you receive equal treatment on pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period.
FAQs about Supply work
Will I always get a call in the morning or can I get booked in advance?
Although we do require teachers and support staff to cover emergency absences, many of our schools book in advance and, once you are established in schools, many will request you back up to a week in advance. If you are called with a booking in the morning we will contact you as early as possible.
Does supply work mean daily cover?
In many cases you will be booked for one day at a school, but often the school will need cover for a week or a half-term.
Will I have to prepare work for the classes?
Although we advise all our teachers to have back-up work, in most cases the school will provide you with lesson plans or guidance for what to teach. It is essential that you teach the work you have been set.
How do I get lots of work as a supply teacher/support staff?
Pick up your phone! Make sure you have an answer phone for when you are in the classroom to pick up messages about work.
Be reliable, honest, always arrive on time, and dress smartly.
Most importantly, do a good job – make sure you follow plans, take instructions from staff you’re working with, manage the classroom, mark work properly and leave feedback.
Be respectful to both pupils and staff and always smile. If schools like what you do, they will quickly ask for you to come back!
If you would like to register with Work Ready Recruitment for supply work then please send your CV to Wendy@workreadyrecruitment.com